LIMITED FORK TIME MAPPING:

Exploring interactions with time, environment, moment as collaborators and co-authors. Part of the Limited Fork Theory principle that recognizes the collaborative nature of all things and tries to be more aware of site-responsive making and the creative potential of environments.


space


space intentionally left blank for time to fill in



space


space intentionally left an open tine

Monday, January 11, 2010

Starting a CLOUD FACTORY approach to time mapping

After photographing cloud streams from factory smokestacks as I passed them in a Nissan Maxima on our way to and from a funeral in Illinois during unusually cold temperatures in which the factory clouds seemed to hang instead of dissipating, I opened my laptop today and found THE CLOUD APPRECIATION SOCIETY.

From this find, I was reminded of The Clouds by Aristophanes.
Here's a brief analysis of the play




I do plan on joining the Cloud Appreciation Society. I'll let you know how the Aristophanes play fits into my cloud mapping as the map evolves.

Here is a map of an earth hemisphere with prominent clouds:


From Universe Review comes this map of common cloud types:


My work has begun. I'll share some images from my cloud factory capture sessions soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment