LIMITED FORK TIME MAPPING:

Exploring interactions with time, environment, moment as collaborators and co-authors. Part of the Limited Fork Theory principle that recognizes the collaborative nature of all things and tries to be more aware of site-responsive making and the creative potential of environments.


space


space intentionally left blank for time to fill in



space


space intentionally left an open tine

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Final: Environmental Collaberation




(Before)


(After)


When I started excavation on this project months ago, the soil was frozen solid and took an hour to find the location that had just enough give so that I could lower this found-object action figure into the ground. I did not put too much thought into the object I laid to rest, I wish I had picked an object made of material that would have disintegrated faster, for the only difference that took place in the toy when I dug it up was that its leg had broken off. I guess I was hoping for more of a transformation, but I enjoyed the process of picking a burial site and decorating its nesting place with my bare hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment